The Pornhub, one of the world’s leading providers of adult content, is famous not only for this videos but also for its approach to business. Maybe not quite scientific, but still not plain. Having analyzed visitor statistics, site administrators regularly report to the “city and the world” what users are most actively searching and looking at this online platform the most. Sometimes their revelations were rather curious. It turned out that citizens of the United States, for example, are primarily looking for lesbian porn on the site. And with emerging VR this figure only have increased. So media and experts have started debating on this phenomenon. And some conclusions go beyond the only-girls love.
The first comments on the web on this topic were pretty funny. Their authors pointed out that either the audience of pornography is becoming more or more female one, or men suffer from masochism – otherwise, why should they still desire the love that is least accessible to them? It’s common knowledge that most lesbians are merely interested in sexual contact with men. But VR porn gives such an opportunity to the male audience: he’s lying in a bed in glasses or helmet being almost among hot chicks.
However, if to speak seriously, both above assumptions are questioned:
- For example, a detailed survey conducted recently by Marie Claire magazine showed that if women watch porn, then they are much more interested in heterosexual rather than lesbian scenes.
- The second argument is still simpler. It is trying to equate pornography and real life. Meanwhile, porn, as researchers have repeatedly pointed out, appeals to sexual fantasies. They may not have any relation to reality at all, but this in no way prevents people experiencing these fantasies with extreme excitement. Virtual reality technologies allow this to full degree.
The American neuropsychologist Ogi Ogaswho wrote a solid book based on the study of millions of erotic stories, videos and search queries on the web, notes that many people in their imaginary world see themselves having sex with superheroes or other fantastic creatures. The chances of such sex in reality, of course, are far less than even the chances of an average man having sex with lesbians. But in fact, they are fantasizing, and thanks to VR devices and accessories these dreams come true.
These findings are confirmed by the psychologist Michael Bailey. He studied arousal in men and women very thoroughly, not only fixing brain activity at the time of demonstrating visual stimuli, but also measuring arousal at the level of the genitals. In his experiments, women achieved approximately the same level of genital pleasure when watching heterosexual and lesbian porn or videos with the participation of exclusive men. However, while sharing their feelings to researchers, the participants said that they did not experience any excitement from the sight of male couples engaged in love.
So, the path from purely physiological arousal to its awareness in women is very smart and tortuous. But with men is everything as easy as pie. The same experiments by the above scientist showed unequivocally: nothing excites men more than female images in porn. And the more – the better, which, in fact, is quite an obvious thing.
Good for both! They are not dependable any more on partners because VR porn may release almost all hidden desires. Maybe virtual reality sex will decrease the level of divorces and splitting of two loving hearts.
Internet porn offers an infinite number of updated, eccentric and exotic images designed to provide the instant satisfaction that a person probably does not find in real life. And now the answer to the second question: how does porn addiction arise?
A Serious Talk
To begin with, let us pay attention to the fact that we have two types of pornography:
- Films where participants love each other, care about each other, and express pleasure on what is happening between them.
- Scenes of mechanistic, impersonal interaction, or violence and coercion of varying degrees. That is, additional emotional lines that the creators add to the main, actually sexual plot (in other words, intimate intercourse) involve not the motives of pleasure, but manifestations of power and anger. These are the feelings that underlie our main unresolved conflicts.
Discover how physicians explain all the processes inside our body and psyche:
- Most people react to these images. They have a powerful effect on the brain when orgasm is enhanced by a powerful mixture of neurochemical “rewards”.
- Male’s erection is a biologically determined reaction on any image to which a person masturbates.
- Supporters of pornography say that porn is needed in order to sell fantasies for harmless adult “teasers” or bed inspiration. But the impact of sex content on some can result in with alienation from themselves and the real people they sleep with.
Video slots connect these feelings with the sexual plot. The perception is fueled by emotional. And along with the real sexual discharge, the user gets the illusion of emotional release – and even more frustration in the near future, as his main conflict remains unresolved.
When Porn Becomes Obsession?
If after watching sex content you feel something like hangover and experience feelings of shame, guilt, or anxiety, it’s time to stop. They can be accompanied by the thoughts: “I am spoiled,” “Something is wrong with me” or in general depression.
On our cultural norm anger, power, sex are of impulsive nature should be suppressed. Therefore, for some people, their demonstration or even the hint on them entail a feeling of guilt. After that, the whole cycle repeats: the increasing tension again leads its “master” to the source of satisfaction inspired by strawberry.
This is very moment when “innocent” watching of porn gradually turns into drugs. And this obviously hinders solution of an internal conflict and the possibility of achieving intimacy with a real, loving partner.
A Real Freedom
When adult movie become an important factor influencing tastes and habits, limit your time in front of the monitor. Don’t wait when individuality is depreciated, and your role is only a pure consumer who devalues or denies his/her emotional needs. Resist to mass culture that encourages such an approach like a sexy woman is a nurse or blond, and a real man is a macho and sex giant.
Does porn influence your self-esteem? Whether watching porn concern your mental health and relationships with others? Or this harmless weakness does not affect them in any way? Let’s figure out together.
Watching porn gives rise to certain unrealistic expectations, some specialists claim. If you take in mind to say the size of the actor’s penis or the number of partners per unit time, how will evaluate yourself?
Pornography can become dangerous if to treat it like drugs. It is this feeling that makes wives worry about their husbands (and their parents worry about their teenagers) if they have a reason to assume that the latter is addicted to watching sex online. And what exactly is the danger? Opinions of experts are ambiguous:
- Some say that by comparing themselves to porn stars, the viewer risks lowering his self-esteem.
- Others do not see any harm in adult content. And even believe that to some degree it can help when a person wants to enrich his/her sexual life, to become more confident.
Probably, the question lays in the quality of porn both regular and VR one. Outstanding talent of professionals in this field can contribute to a positive perception of own sexuality & inner desire.
But two questions remain unanswered:
- The first is emotional: does our intuition really lie?
- The second is rational: where does porn addiction come from?
Psychologists believe that it’s important to not create a veil between a person and his/her real needs. Most of our internal conflicts begin in childhood. Maybe a discussion of early years in this context might seem blasphemous to someone, but we hope the reader will take into account: this is done in order to clarify the essence of the matter.
Here are the most common situations:
- Parents control us; we have to obey, even when we don’t want to.
- We repress our anger at our mother and father for fear of punishment or upsetting them.
- We crave parental care and attention but do not receive them to the extent that we would like.
- We rush to the parents with an expression of our ardent affection, and in response, we hear: “Do not disturb me,” “Do not you see, the mother is busy.”
As a result, we repress our feelings and desires over and over again, and this trap becomes habitual, unconscious and automatic. Being depressed, it creates a reservoir of “locked” energy within us that seeks and does not find a way out. That’s why some people search for escape in sex slots. In reality, they need that figures from “screen” allowed them having a natural desire for lovemaking and passion.
Does it really happen: how porn is different from s real sex? Do not expect this in your bedroom, this is fantasy writers! Do you agree?
You probably already realized that when you order a pizza, it is unlikely that a sexy blonde will bring it. Most people think that porn shows what actually happens in bedrooms, like, they are filming what people do, claim psychologists who study the effect of pornography on romantic relationships.
But in fact, few people are interested in watching ordinary sex. So adult content pursues another goal: to bring pleasure by showing something new, unusual. Movies can either expand your repertoire or narrow it. To be more precise, if you think that everyone does what you see, then you will consider it the norm of “good sex” and limit your behavior in bed accordingly. So what action is best to leave for porn actors? What expectations are best to forget? Read on and find out!
Almost every fifth scene in videos is double penetration. But according to scientific studies in real life only about 3% of men and 1% of women tried it. “This is uncomfortable and may be painful for a woman. Instead, try moving a penis between her tightly compressed hips or buy a vibrator that can be inserted along with the penis.
She Moans All the Time
If women were so easily excited, as shown in movies, they would always be on the verge of orgasm. In reality, 75% of women simulate their coming. And the harder you will help her to achieve it, the more often she will simulate. The groans of 20 minutes of non-stop on the screen just make you more trusting. However, if everything in your bedroom usually goes silent, you may include porn as a background sound.
They are used in about half of all slots. Why? It’s a reminder that she’s a bad girl, so she should be punished instead of admiring her. Statistics “from the bedrooms” is as follows: only 20% of women are faced such groans and almost all of them treat them negatively. This is not surprising: few females will like it when you humiliate her. If you want to feel control in the bedroom, you don’t have to call at your girlfriend at all. Better ask her in advance: “Can I pull you by the hair?”
In porn, you will not see a flaccid penis at all, which makes erectile function problems worldwide even more embarrassing. Pornography creates an image of a dude who is ready to have sex immediately, as he undresses. And everything else is treated like abnormal. But in reality, man is less confident about the size of his dick and the time he needs to achieve an erection.
According to statistics, 70% of men and 30% of women are regular users of pornographic portals. For example, one of the most noticeable trends in 2017 was the huge increase in the female audience of porn sites with a request “Porn for Women” box.
Let’s consider Pornhub’s data about some preferences worldwide:
- Men, being more curious, more often searched for 3D or VR materials, which are possible to watch with special devices and accessories, and also typed requests with the word “spinner.”
- In the USA the general audience has different tastes. If in Mississippi the average visitor spent about 11.5 minutes on the site, then in Kansas this figure is only 9 minutes. In the case of the search for top positions in the United States hold the category of “lesbians”, “middle-aged women” (MILF) and “black”. It is noteworthy that two states, Alaska and Hawaii, are cut off from the mainland part of the country and in popularity of requests: in the northernmost state hentai videos are most often sought, and in Hawaii, it’s the Asian category in the top.
- In Japan, the most popular categories are “hentai” and “big breasts”, and among requests, in addition to 3D video, 3D anime and VR, the third place is taken by MMD – the abbreviated name of the program MikuMikuDance, which allows users to create videos that were originally intended for virtual character girl Miku.
- Residents of Great Britain and France are most often looking for videos at the request of “lesbians” and “middle-aged women” (the trend of “Arab women” is gaining momentum in France), while in Germany the most “popular” categories are “anal porn” and “big boobs”. In addition, the Germans are more often than all other nations looking for various fetish videos.
- In India, local motifs are more adorable than in other countries. And 8 out of 10 top queries contain the word “Indian”, which speaks more about the cultural isolation of the population. It is noteworthy that in this rather poor state requests for video search in HD quality increased by 2000%.
- Russian preferences vary by region: for ex
- ample, if in Central Russia they searched for “anal porn” and “anime” more often (compared to other regions), then Korean videos are especially popular in the Far East.
As you see, people are looking for both traditional scenes of pleasures and exotics. The most important thing is always to choose quality and authorized content.