Some facts about the planet with the great red spot...
- Diameter: 142,984 km, mean distance from Sun: 778,330,000 km.
- The atmosphere comprises of 90% Hydrogen and 10% Helium.
- You will weigh more on Jupiter than on Earth. 100 Earth pounds = approx. 233 Jupiter pounds.
- The Great Red Spot (GRS) on the surface of Jupiter was discovered 300 years ago and is big enough to hold two Earths within itself.
- Jupiter is also known as a Gas Planet as its surface comprises of gaseous and liquid matter.
- Galileo discovered the four moons of the Jupiter. First objects in the sky that didn’t rotate around the Earth.
- It is the largest planet in the solar system.
- Jupiter has 63 known Satellites.
Can you tell?
How many rings does Jupiter have?